BikeSafe Two Tier Bike Rack
The BikeSafe Two Tier Bike Rack is a pioneering and user friendly cycle parking system, with excellent space saving bike storage, superb usability and high value; allowing you to house twice as many bikes in the same area and space as any standard bike rack. The unique aspect of the space efficient and cost effective "Two Tier Bike Rack" makes it exclusive which has resulted in a growing requirement for it; especially in areas of high population densities such as stations, shopping centres, schools, car parks and offices. This is our premium model and designed to provide an architectural feel to an active travel facility.
For all types of bicycles
The BikeSafe Two Tier Bike Rack can accommodate all types of bicycles, such as mountain bikes and road bikes, which can be chained or D-locked to the stainless steel bar for added security. The bicycle is well supported by wheel channels and the back wheel is stabilised by a gutter to lock the bicycle firmly into place.
Simple and easy
The lower cycle rack has a sloping wheel channel, so the user does not have to bend between the levels which makes the two tier cycle rack system simple and easy to use for all ages. This rack is excellent for space saving as the cycle stands are so compact with a centre to centre distance of only 375mm (other distances available). It has an easy lift gas assist mechanism to take prevent any injuries for the user.
Estimate how many bikes you can store:
Benefits of the Bikesafe Two Tier Bike Rack include:
- End panels are available steel or timber cladding
- Top racks are constructed from aluminium to ensure a smooth, easy user experience
- Easy to use upper tier using stainless steel bearings for long life and minimum maintenance
- The bicycle is held stable in the wheel channels with locking bars for additional security
- Centre to centre 375mm as standard. Other distances available upon request.
- Handle is constructed from 304 grade stainless steel
- Accommodates all cycle types (mountain bikes, town bikes etc)
- Bicycle frameand wheel can be chained for security
- Cycle is well supported when being stored
- Lower rack has a sloping wheel channel, so the user does not have to bend between the levels
- Can be extended indefinitely
- Double or single sided versions available
- Robust construction, hot dip galvanised to BS EN ISO 1461
- Optional powder coating in any of the 192 RAL colours (Non moving parts)
- BDS Two Tier Bike Racks are the only "Active Score" approved two tier bike parking system
- Designed and manufactured by a company with over 50 years experience
- This bike rack can help contribute towards gaining ENE8 Cycle storage credits when used in the appropriate situation, under the Code for Sustainable Homes.
- Cycle stands are compact with a centre to centre distance of 375mm
- Minimum height required is 2400mm x minimum depth 1950mm (plus a recommended minimum entrance space of 1500mm)
- Easy lift gas strut fitted so lifting the bike up on the rack requires minimal force from the user, as per health and safety standards
How many bikes can I fit in with the Bikesafe Two Tier Bike Rack?
It's easy to work out. All you need to do, is measure the length of the area you want to fit the rack in. The length (mm) divided by 375mm = number of bikes that will fit on the bottom row. Multiply by 2 to get the total number of bike spaces and subtract 2 bikes to allow for the handle bars sticking out.
For example. 4000mm length divided by 375 = 10.666. Multiplied by 2 = 21.333. Round it down to 20 bikes.
How much space in the room do I need?
To be comfortable, we advise at least a 3500mm depth and a width of:
- 4 bikes - 1125mm
- 6 bikes - 1500mm
- 8 bikes - 1875mm
- 10 bikes - 2250mm
- 12 bikes - 2625mm
- 14 bikes - 3000mm
- 16 bikes - 3375mm
- 18 bikes - 3750mm
- 20 bikes - 4125mm
- Simply add 375mm for each extra 2 bikes.
PLEASE CALL US ON 0800 612 6113 TO DISCUSS MORE DETAILS OR TECHNICAL INFORMATION.
See our Two Tier Cycle Shelters here
Product reference: TTBR2
|Best Sellers M2||No|